Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Always getting a jump on things.

     August 1st was two days ago! Has summer been progressing slowly for me? Not exactly. It never does, since I mucky prefer the cooler weather. However, summer is pretty much what stands between me and the birth of my baby, so there's been quite a mix of eagerness, apprehension, impatience, and sluggishness. Summer is passing one day at a time for me, and that feels like just the right speed.
     But! As the advertisements for school supplies start to fill my Sunday paper, it's hard to believe that it's almost time for going back to school. I feel like I say this every year, but it is true--I long to buy glue sticks and crayons. I have no use for them for the next, say, five years, but I can't wait to buy them, just the same.
     A friend of mine just invited me to a Party-Lite party, and although I will not be able to attend (it's really close to my due date), I just can't help being excited over the really fun things that they are introducing for upcoming seasonal decor. Here are a few of my favorites.


Change-o-Luminary
, $28

     This piece can literally be used from September until February--half of the year! I really like all of the seasonal shadows that can be cast. I think the spider and snowflakes are my favorites.
     Here are more simply autumn-themed items (as in, you can use them September through November if you'd like) that I thought were worth mentioning.


Autumn Glow
, $15

     Really cute. I bet this one casts pretty shadows.


Falling Leaves Centerpiece
, $30

     There are a lot of pieces in the Falling Leaves collection, so be sure to browse around. Note that the picture above is two of the Falling Leaves Centerpiece, so if that's the effect you want, you'll have to buy two of them. It would be really nice to have two, though--I do think it is quite charming.
     There are quite a few very cute pieces for Halloween at Party-Lite right now, but my tastes run toward the spooky/classy types Halloween decor. I guess only one piece from Party-Lite really fit my tastes.

Halloween Night™ 3" x 5" Grooved Pillar
, $15

     I just really like this candle. If you're trying to create a Halloween look with candles alone, this is your go-to candle.
     Unlike other sites that offer holiday decor (Yankee Candle, Williams-Sonoma, and so on), Party-Lite already has their Christmas offerings available. I think they have both some classy and cute things that you won't find anywhere else.


Enchanted Woodland Votive Hurricane
, $45

     This one goes under "classy." I suppose it's more of a winter-themed decor piece than specifically Christmas, and that makes me like it even more. My dining room is decorated in grey-blue tones with black furniture, and my formal living room is soon to be painted a silvery-lavender color. I think this piece would look lovely in either of those rooms...but I'm leaning toward my dining room. Black and silver and winter nights just seem so cozy and elegant.


Village Square Tealight Trio
, $30 for the set of three

     Is this piece pictured on a mantle? If not, it should be, especially for a home that doesn't have room or money for a holiday train setup. They're tiny and adorable. They also belong on my family room mantle. Tongue-in-cheek, whether they make it there remains to be seen.


Mr. Snow Tealight Holder
, $30

     And finally, this is the one piece I actually already purchased...for my mom. I doubt she reads my blog, so we should be okay there. My mom has a penchant for snowmen, so although she is unable to burn Party-Lite candles (they make her ill), she can still enjoy the cuteness of this little guy.
     All of this cold-weather stuff is already available, and we're only in the first half of August! I hope that more lovely things appear as time progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment