Monday, February 22, 2010

WFD: Meatless Monday

     Have you ever visited MeatlessMonday.com? In general, I am a health spectator. I've learned all about what is necessary for good health, like exercise and nutrition. I've taken classes on it, and I think that I could advise someone about their own personal wellness, if I were so asked. However, I certainly do not participate in all of this knowledge. I do not practice what I could possibly preach. Not in a weight-loss frame of mind, but in an overall wellness frame, bodies like good food and to move. I have learned about good food and how to move, so I just need to do it. Back to MeatlessMonday.com. Their about statement:
Meatless Monday is a non-profit initiative of The Monday Campaigns, in association with the Johns Hopkins’ Bloomberg School of Public Health. Our goal is to help reduce meat consumption 15% in order to improve personal health and the health of our planet.
And that just so happens to be a purpose with which I agree. Wellness for me, the people, and wellness for the globe. I am down, so I will give it a try.

     It also helps with my favorite question: WFD? What's for dinner? I browsed the recipes with my pantry inventory in mind, and tonight, I think I will try the Tagliatelle with Mushrooms. I have mushrooms, and I should probably use them up soon. I might pick up a flavored tagliatelle, as the recipe suggests, if I can find one in Whole Foods after (or before) I go to the gym. Baby steps. :)

     N. B. Another great answer to WFD can be found in my brother-in-law's new blog, The Militant Carnivore Cooks for his Vegetarian Wife. My brother-in-law is brilliant with the food-stuffs, and his creations should be pleasing to a wide variety of palates. In one post, he'll describe a great cheeseburger, and in another, he will present Wheat Berries with Dried Cherries, Pecans, and Rosemary. Variety abounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment