Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's finally October!

     Hooray! Today is October 1st, and when I woke up this morning in the usually sticky city of Washington DC, the temperature was 52°F--a pleasant surprise! I think the temperature is raising in this city later in the week, but for now, I am pacified. Most people are affected by seasonal affective disorder when things are chilly--I think mine, if I have it or were to have it, occurs May through August.

     October 1st is officially the day when people stop giving you weird looks for putting up your Halloween decorations. It is officially the start of the celebration of the Halloween season! So many holidays occur at the end of the month, and you really don't get to enjoy them adequately if you only start celebrating around the middle of the month. I fully advocate that if your holiday occurs at the end of the month, you may start celebrating at the beginning of that month--it is fair game! Everyone, start putting up your Halloween decor if you haven't already.

     If you are like me, you spend much of your time in an office. That doesn't mean that you can't celebrate the season, though! Today, visit the American Greetings website and find yourself a (free!) new computer desktop background and screensaver! For your desk, it might also be nice to add something that smells of the season. If you could have candles or hotpads, that would be awesome, because there are so many candle scents from which to choose. I am not allowed to have these things, though, so instead, I have a Renuzit:


Mmm...Apple & Cinnamon.


On my filing cabinet, I also have a nice set of decorations that I got from CVS two years ago. I put them on my filing cabinet so that my co-workers can also see them and enjoy something different than our drab office:



I'll also add candy occasionally to lure co-workers into my (lair) cube for friendly conversation. That is what this season is all about--joining together in friendliness as the weather grows colder. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment