Sunday, October 18, 2009

Autumn in DC?

     It could finally be, but it's difficult to tell with all the rain the East Coast has been receiving. In my beloved State College, Pa, they received almost nine inches. The city is most likely in the height of the autumn foliage, but I imagine it will be difficult to see under all of that snow.

     I apologize for being so delinquent posting! I have been very busy lately. Last weekend was my bridal shower, and my girls know me so well. It was decorated so beautifully in a--you guessed it--fall theme! I had to travel to Pittsburgh, Pa from Washington DC, and along the Pennsylvania Turnpike, I picked this up:



     As you can see, I have already pinned it up in my cubicle. The post card is not an exaggeration, either--the leaves of the Pennsylvania mountains are spectacular. If you've ever seen the miniature train set at the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh (and if you haven't, I recommend that you visit it if you get the chance), it really looks just like the fall section. I love it!

     Today, I've spent the day making a bolognese sauce. I really wish I had one of these to finish off the meal:



     This is one of my future mother-in-law's apple pies. It's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment