Wednesday, March 5, 2014

30! Wonderbar things to remember from my birthday

     I am officially 30 years old! No regrets here, no fighting my age, at least in a mental sense. I've been ready for my 30's for a long time. Physically, I've been doing my research on The Beauty Brains with the help of their website, showgrams, and book, checking my acitve ingredients and so forth. I'm finding that I once really bought into the hype. I'm looking forward to turning a new leaf with an honest beauty regiment. Let's be wiser in our 30's, right?

     With that, here is an official list of the things that made my 30th birthday special.
  • Marmi Shoes. My favorite store for quality, wide-width shoes. I made a birthday-gift-type purchase, but it's really more of an investment, as these shoes will last me ages.
  • SparrowWoodStudio's Etsy store. I've been on the hunt for a stamped mother's necklace that would hold all of the characters of my Angel Pie's name. If you want something special done correctly, go custom. When I found SparrowWoodStudio, I knew I found the right place.
  • It's OK to have Lead in Your Lipstick, the text mentioned above and pictured below. A very informative read!
  • Wubbzy's Dance Party, app by Cupcake Digital Inc. My Angel Pie is into Wow! Wow! Wubbzy, but only as a tablet app. She still doesn't watch television, but I wonder how long that will last. Anywho, we received the Wubbzy's Dinosaur Adventure through a Free Friday's Nook Blog offering, and we decided to buy another. There's a character that exclaims "Wunderbar!" in the app, and my Angel Pie thinks that's just hilarious, so now I'm exclaiming it too.
  • Twin Peaks. Okay, this is a weird one. My husband and I are big fans of the show Psych, and we were watching the Twin Peaks-based episode, Dual Spires. But, we knew we were missing MOST of the jokes because we never watched Twin Peaks. Well, we started on my birthday, and it was fun.
  • Duolingo. While browsing around my app store, I stumbled upon this app. I've been yearning to brush up on my Deutche, so I downloaded, created an account, and started playing. It's really good!
  • Wegmans. My wonderful husband took a secret trip to Wegmans and bought me my favorite things. The word you are looking for is decedent.
Lobster Bisque | Virgil's Cream Soda | Jumbo Fresh Steamed Shrimp
Prosciutto di Parma | Gustosella Mozzarella Di Bufala Campana D.O.P.
Angus Beef Prime Tenderloin Steak | Lobster Tail
Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake | Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
And that's how I spent my day! It was relaxing, and I felt very loved. Onward and upward!



     Please note that this post contains product links using Amazon Associates. Should enough people click the links and make purchases, I would get paid. Amazon Associates pays once your clicks equal $10; in my entire history with the program, I currently have about $3, so I have never been paid yet, lol. The biggest reason I use Amazon Associates is so that I don't have to use my own personal server space for image hosting when I refer to products, and to ensure proper and unbroken links for archiving purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment