Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Um, guys? Give Kim a break!

    I don't generally go out of my way to follow Ms. Kardashian, but I feel compelled to stand up for her, because this picture is earning her a lot of flack. My feet did the same thing when I was pregnant. At first, it shows up in your strappy sandals, but for me, it eventually happened with my flats and sneakers! All thanks to late-blooming pregnancy-related high blood pressure, which eventually resulted in the risk of preeclampsia, which then resulted in me being induced into having my baby by c-section a week early. But seriously--it's uncontrollable, and now that I'm not pregnant, my blood pressure is normal and my feet don't swell. I don't miss it, but the experience makes me and Ms. Kardashian have something in common (can I enjoy how unexpected that statement is?), and I don't feel that insults in the comments are deserved. Do you know how common swollen feet are in pregnancy? Hella common. And pregnant ladies want to wear shoes too! How shoes on feet look in the morning versus later that day when you take them off is two different things when pregnant, so it's very easy to think, "Sure, these will work!" and then later think, "Ouch, bad idea!"


Kim Kardashian's Pregnancy Symptoms Include Swollen Feet

    So srsly, guys. Chill out.

No comments:

Post a Comment