Sunday, July 18, 2010

Holiday Ro o o o o o o o o oad!

     I just got back from a really great family vacation in the Outer Banks, NC. I'd never been there before, but after a week there, I know I'd go back. It's more laid back than other beaches I've visited, but it's got some great little gems that are really worth the attention. It was a great week. Five straight days off of work, read a good book, got some sunburn, but at least my skin saw the sun! Working in an office leaves me paler than pale usually, so I'm really happy I got some color. I know about the health concerns, but like I said, I see sun so rarely, I think my skin will be able to repair the 51 other weeks out of the year that I hide indoors.



     My top five picks for fun at OBX:
  1. Duck Donuts: If you haven't had these, I'd almost urge you to drop everything and drive to OBX for them. Best. donut. ever.
  2. SunScents: My husband and I actually had the chance to talk to the owner of the store and creator of the candles. He was a great guy. He recommended Burt's Bees Carrot Body Lotion for my sunburn, and said that all of the locals prefer it to Burt's Bees After Sun lotion. Also, he said that he tries to make sure that the products in his store are made in the U. S., which my husband and I respect. The candles smelled really good, too. I got one for my mom--don't tell her!
  3. ALL Beach shops in general. I love beach shops, ankle bracelets, and shell jewelry.
  4. Billy's Seafood. This place is brilliant. You're at the beach all day and tired, you'd like to eat dinner at your beach house, but you don't feel like cooking. Anything. Take a trip to Billy's Seafood in Collington, order yourself some already-steamed crab legs for under $10 a pound, take it home and feast. If you like blue crabs, call a few days ahead. Their steamed shrimp was also excellent, and you can't beat their price or quality on steamed crab legs at any restaurant.
  5. Scarborough Faire Shopping Village: I'm a window shopper, and this place was lovely. Off the roads, there's wooden walkways and a ton of shops.
     If you'd like to view a couple of pictures that I snapped, I placed an album here.

No comments:

Post a Comment